Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pearl Earring is in Atlanta

My father tells me that I am too young to have a bucket list, but I argue that I am just getting a head start. One of my bucket list items is to see every known Vermeer in the world. Thus far I have seen 14 of 37 (including disputed paintings):

Christ in the House of Martha and Mary
A Girl Asleep
Woman with a Lute
Young Woman with a Water Pitcher
A Woman Holding a Balance
A Lady Writing a Letter
Portrait of a Young Woman
Girl With a Red Hat (disputed)
The Astronomer
The Lacemaker
The Allegory of Faith
Lady Standing at a Virginal
Lady Seated at a Virginal
Girl with a Flute (disputed)

And now I'm going to get that number up to 15. The most iconic Vermeer of all:

Girl With a Pearl Earring

I have my trip booked for Atlanta and I cannot wait to see her! She's only there until September 23rd and then she moves on to New York before returning to Europe. Anyone who gets chance should definitely go, seeing as she doesn't get out of the Hague that often. I'll be sure to share more about the painting and exhibition when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment