Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Small Promotion

I am happy to report that I have made a small but significant advancement this week. I recently managed to get a promotion at my part-time job at the Kemper Art Museum. I have gone from security guard to a security captain, which basically means that I help manage the security guards as directed by the security manager and two assistant security managers. Okay, so there is no corner office and permission to use the company plane, but I am really glad about this. It provides me with more experience as a supervisor and it makes me feel like I must be doing something right. What I want right now is more to do and more responsibility, which is what this job gives me. One day I hope to have much, much more responsibility, but this will do for now. I have to admit, the duration of my job hunt has been very long and very tiring. So I celebrate every interview and every little promotion as a step in the right direction. I have been doing this Cirque du Soleil juggling act for six months now and I've got a lot of balls up in the air at the moment. Now I must admit, I am a lousy juggler but I should be able to catch just one. Something is going to work out, and soon. But until then, I will continue working hard at the jobs that I have and I will continue to put forth my greatest effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment